Ontario Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Centre ("Ontario HBOT"), located in Toronto, Ontario respects your privacy and is committed to the principles set out in the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). Ontario HBOT is committed to safeguarding the integrity and confidentiality of your *Personal Information.
Personal information is defined as any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. This information can include an individual's age, home addresses, phone numbers, family status, race, education, income, employment, habits, opinion, e-mail messages and financial history. Exceptions are; business contact information and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone and/or online directories.
1. Accountability: Ontario HBOT is responsible for personal information under its control and has designated an individual within our organization who is accountable for ensuring our compliance with the following principles.
2. Identifying Purpose: The personal information provided to Ontario HBOT is used to; distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual, notify interested parties of upcoming initiatives, coordinate appointment scheduling and/or respond to your requests.
3. Consent: Ontario HBOT will ensure you are aware of what information is required from you for us to complete your request and, if applicable what information is optional.
4. Limiting Collection: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purpose of providing the information or services you have requested.
5. Limiting use, disclosure and retention: Personal Information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual. Submission of personal information in response to a form provided on the Ontario HBOT Website shall be deemed to constitute implied consent of the submitter to such collection, use or disclosure as is. The retention of personal information will be limited to only the time needed to fulfill the request or what is required by law. All other information or non-applicable information will be destroyed.
6. Accuracy: We will strive within reason to keep personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for its intended use.
7. Safeguards: Ontario HBOT reviews the information they collect and will define the level of security required, whether physical, organizational and/or electronic to ensure your personal information is protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. Please note that http://www.ontariohbot.ca is an unsecured site and as such does not ensure any protection of information.
8. Openness: Ontario HBOT will make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information, if and when requested, except as may be restricted by law
9. Individual Access: Upon written request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information we have in our custody and will be given reasonable access to that information. That individual has the right to correct errors or omissions to that information.
10. Challenging Compliance: An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to Ontario HBOT's management team at
Site & Content Disclaimer
Ontario Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Centre ("Ontario HBOT Inc.") and any third party content listed on OntarioHbot.ca are intended for informational and educational purposes only. Ontario HBOT does not warrant the accuracy, timeliness and/or completeness of the information provided. Ontario HBOT does not endorse any individual to use the information provided on this website, to diagnose, treat or replace the advice of a medical professional. We strongly encourage all individuals interested in pursuing hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) or any /all treatment methods referenced on this website to consult with your physician or medical professional before proceeding.
OntarioHBOT.ca may contain information, products, services, advertisements provided by third parties, including links to web sites. This information is provided as a convenience to the users of this web site. Ontario HBOT does not control, represent or warrant expressed or implied, this information or these products, services, or web sites.
Article, Studies & Information Disclaimer
Ontario HBOT has and will continue to provide articles, studies and information regarding hyperbaric oxygen therapy, as they become available. We do need to make clear that information regarding large studies is limited due to the fact that the majority of large-scale efficacy studies are funded by major pharmaceutical companies. Though “Oxygen” is a drug, it cannot be patented therefore there is no financial incentive for these companies to invest in continuing hyperbaric research.
We thank all those “experts”; naturopathic doctors, medical doctors, and families that invest their time, money and dedication to research, inform and advocate the effectiveness of hyperbaric oxygen therapy, as a viable, creditable and valuable therapy.